ANDRITZ to Supply Suzano with a Complete Pulp Mill in Brazil
Suzano's Cerrado Project in Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil, includes the construction of a new pulp mill that will have an annual production capacity of 2.55 million tons of eucalyptus pulp.
Nov. 9, 2021 - ANDRITZ has received an order from Suzano to deliver all of the main process islands in the fiber production and chemical recovery plant, for its "Cerrado Project" in the municipality of Ribas do Rio Pardo, state of Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil.
Suzano's Cerrado Project includes the construction of a new pulp mill that will have an annual production capacity of 2.55 million tons of eucalyptus pulp.
ANDRITZ scope of supply includes:
- A complete Wood Processing Plant with five chipping lines - each consisting of the world's biggest horizontally fed HHQ-Chipper with a capacity of 500 m3 solid-under-bark per hour.
- The world's largest single-line Fiberline (capacity over 8,000 adt/d)
- EvoDryTM Pulp Drying System with two energy-efficient pulp drying lines (working width of 10,005 mm and capacity of 4,000 adt/d each) based on the high-capacity Twin Wire Former technology. The drying plant is designed for a specific plant capacity of approximately 400 adt/m, and the final pulp bales are produced in six complete, high-capacity baling lines.
- An energy-efficient black liquor Evaporation Plant with a capacity of 2,650 t/h, which has advanced energy integration with the cooking plant and the Ash Recrystallization Plant (ARC).
- The HERB Recovery Boiler with a firing capacity of 11,150 tds/d black liquor, with steam values of 515°C and 100 bar(g) at the turbine, features energy-efficient flue gas cooling and feed water preheating technologies to maximize steam production for power generation. With this plant, the mill will be self-sufficient in energy supply and has the capacity to sell approximately 180 MW of surplus green energy to Brazil's power grid.
- A biomass Power Boiler with 120 t/h steam production capacity based on the high-performance ANDRITZ EcoFluid Bubbling Fluidized Bed (BFB) technology.
- A complete White Liquor Plant with ANDRITZ gasification plants, enabling full fossil-free operation of the lime kilns with an optimized pulp mill carbon footprint. The new recausticizing plant (25,100 m³/d white liquor production) includes efficient green liquor filtration with LimeGreen filters - producing clean green liquor and minimizing waste to landfill.
Civil construction, installation, commissioning, and start-up services are also included in the ANDRITZ scope of supply.
Start-up of the new pulp mill is scheduled for the second half of 2024.
ANDRITZ Pulp & Paper provides equipment, systems, complete plants and services for the production of all types of pulp, paper, board and tissue. To learn more, visit: www.andritz.com