Sonoco Invests in New Equipment to Enhance High Performance Film Core Production
Oct. 05, 2016 – Sonoco announced that it has made a significant investment in its high performance film core production equipment at the company's Hartsville, South Carolina facility that will enable it to provide enhanced quality cores for film markets.
The high performance film markets serviced by these cores include medical films, optical films, window films, photovoltaic applications, battery separator films, packaging films, industrial films and more.
Sonoco's QSTM Series of film cores are designed to deliver a wide array of functional benefits that allow them to perform at the highest level of the High Performance Film Market:
- Smooth surfaces reduce material waste and spiral film impressions
- Straightness allows for high winding speeds and minimizes start-up wrinkles
- Excellent TIR control to ensure uniform rolls of film
- Multiple levels of dust control and cleanliness for sensitive films
- Long length capabilities to produce wide rolls of film
- Engineered core designs for safe and optimal roll weight capacities during winding and shipping
- Engineered core designs with dimensionally stable properties
Sonoco is a global provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and display and packaging supply chain services. To learn more, please visit: www.sonoco.com.