Xerium Promotes Robert Burke to Xerium - President of Asia
July 6, 2016 - Xerium Technologies, Inc. yesterday announced the promotion of Robert Burke to the position of Xerium - President of Asia.
Burke joined Xerium as an Executive leader in 2009, and most recently held the position of Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Xerium - Asia.
Burke will be based in Xerium - Asia headquarters located in Kunshan, China. He will have full responsibility for the Asia region and be responsible for delivering Xerium-Asia's long-term and short-term business plans while maintaining and strengthening customer relationships.
Harold Bevis, President and CEO of Xerium, commented, “Xerium has a very successful and growing business in the Asia region and we have significantly increased our competitive position with our strategic initiatives over the past 3 years. We have even bigger plans over the next 3 years. We have a great team and are closely aligned with key customers throughout Asia.
“Bob will be taking over a great business for Xerium and taking it to the next level. He is a seasoned leader both within Xerium and in the industry with significant strengths and established relationships. He adds a lot to our Asian business and to our top executive team. Bob will shape the team under him, refine the company's product offerings, expand our production capabilities, and deepen our go-to-market strategies.”
Robert Burke Background Highlights
- 30+ years of sales, operational, development, managerial and executive leadership experience within the industry.
- Seasoned international leader with 20+ years residing and operating in China and the USA.
- Many years of full P&L responsibility with functional leadership experiences including manufacturing, project management, business development, sales and marketing.
- Experience in establishing and maintain manufacturing and sales operations in China, Malaysia, India, Korea, Japan, Indonesia and Australia.
- Instrumental in the start-up and business development for our Kunshan, China Greenfield operation.
- BS in Industrial Engineering from the University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
Xerium Technologies, Inc. is a leading global provider of industrial consumable products and services. To learn more, please visit www.xerium.com.
SOURCE: Xerium Technologies, Inc.