Employment Opportunity – Electrical Engineer
Thiele Kaolin Company, a world leader in kaolin production, seeks an Electrical Engineer with experience in industrial power design at its corporate office in Sandersville, Georgia.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project estimation and project management
- Collaboration with engineers, managers and others in a team environment to ensure development of an integrated overall design
- Industrial motor control design
- 12,470 VAC power distribution and substation design
- Electrical design to meet NEC and MSHA Codes
- Management and training of arc flash, FR clothing and electrical lock out tag out safety programs
- Creation of electrical specifications, one-line diagrams and layout drawings of transformers, switchgear, motor controls and drives
- Creation of competitive bid packages
- Oversight of staff and contracted construction electricians
- Electrical drafting and other electronic project documentation
- Material takeoffs and order entry
- Design of industrial control systems involving PID Loops, VFDs, control valves and flow, pressure and temperature transmitters
- NEC experience with an emphasis on electrical safety
- Ability to manage simultaneous electrical construction projects to achieve budget and schedule targets
- Ability to cope with changing priorities and rush jobs
- Ability to travel to construction job sites to monitor projects
- Experience with PID control
- Electrical drafting. Bentley Microstation experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Willingness to travel to receive job training
- Proficiency in programming of OPTO 22 PAC or Square D SyMAX is a plus
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- 5 years’ experience in industrial power systems
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited four-year engineering program
Thiele offers excellent pay and a comprehensive fringe benefits package. This package includes medical and life insurance, dental, vision, sick pay, LTD, paid vacation and holidays, 401K, and educational assistance.
Please visit our website at www.thielekaolin.com for details and instructions on how to apply.
Any job offer will be contingent upon the successful candidate passing a physical exam, including a drug screen and a background check as warranted.
Thiele Kaolin Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.