PaperAge Magazine

Andritz Acquires Majority Stake of Italy Based Diatec

Diatec S.R.L. Diatec designs and manufactures a wide range of special machines and technological solutions, mainly for the production of baby diapers and other absorbent hygiene products, but also for food packaging.

July 11, 2018 - Andritz announced that it has acquired a 70% stake in Diatec S.R.L., a leading manufacturer of converting machines for the hygiene and food packaging industries based in Collecorvino in the region of Pescara, Italy. The remaining 30% will stay in the hands of the two current shareholding families.

Diatec designs and manufactures a wide range of special machines and technological solutions, mainly for the production of baby diapers and other absorbent hygiene products, but also for food packaging. With this acquisition, Andritz complements its product portfolio in Nonwoven and is now able to offer the complete supply and value chain, from the raw material, to webfoming, finishing, and converting.

“We are very excited about this complementary acquisition that extends our market coverage, process technology, and product range within the nonwovens industry,” said Andreas Lukas, Division Manager for Andritz Nonwoven.

Diatec was established in 1992 and has developed very favorably since then, with many international references and renowned customers around the world. The company is known for its innovative spirit, providing flexible and sophisticated solutions for the hygiene sector.

Andritz said Diatec owners and managers will continue to work in the company.

Diatec's General Manager, Luigi Mancini, noted, “With Andritz, we have found our ideal partner to strengthen our international market position and we are looking forward to growing further within this collaboration.”

Andritz is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metal working and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial segments. To learn more, please visit: www.andritz.com

SOURCE: Andritz