NPTA Paper School Returns to Graph Expo in September
Within NPTA's Paper School, five classroom sections are taught by paper industry leading experts from top paper mills.
July 29, 2014 - After a successful inaugural event last September, NPTA Paper School will return again this fall. The educational event will be held Sept. 30, 2014 in conjunction with Graph Expo at McCormick Place in Chicago.
NPTA Paper School is a half-day program that teaches the most important topics in paper and provides attendees with a strong foundation of knowledge to build on.
“The NPTA Paper School is an opportunity for us as an industry to get the message of the importance of paper and print directly to young professionals within our industries as well as businesses, universities, and any other end users,” said Scott Hider, NPTA Paper Committee Chairman and Vice President of Sales at Clampitt Paper Company. “The School assembles the vast experience of paper manufacturers and merchants from around the country to educate those attending this event while allowing entry into Graph Expo — the center of print!”
The five classroom sections are taught by paper industry leading experts from top paper mills, including International Paper, Neenah, Mohawk, Appleton Coated and Domtar. Paper School students will also take a guided tour of the Graph Expo 14 tradeshow floor for a hands-on demonstration of the most advanced printing equipment in the world.
NPTA Paper School curriculum features the following topics:
- The Manufacture of Printing Paper: Attendees will receive an overview of the principal raw materials and primary methods of preparation—including pulping and bleaching, followed by papermaking and finishing operations.
- Digital Printing Primer: Focus on the various digital printing technologies with emphasis on the print technology. Review of implications and performance requirements for paper.
- Uncoated Papers: Text & Cover / Business / Offset: types and uses
- Coated Papers: Commercial, magazine, catalog, retail insert: types and uses
- Paper and the Environment: Discuss environmental attributes of paper, including a review of recycled fiber, fiber certifications, and the overall sustainability of paper.
Everyone is welcome to register for NPTA Paper School. Registrants who are sponsored by NPTA members receive a discount, and all attendees receive complimentary access to the Graph Expo showfloor throughout the entire four-day industry event.
For more information about NPTA Paper School, visit www.goNPTA.com/PaperSchool.
The National Paper Trade Association, founded in 1903, is the association for the $50-plus billion paper distribution channel. The mission of NPTA is to actively support the success of member firms through the delivery of networking, education, advocacy and industry trends focused on the health of the paper supply chain. To learn more, please visit: www.goNPTA.com.