Toscotec to Install Steel Yankee Dryer at Marutomi's Fujine Mill

A new Toscotec TT SYD-12FT will be installed on PM#1 at Marutomi's Fujine mill in Japan.

May 7, 2013 - Toscotec said that it has received an order from Japanese tissue producer Marutomi for a new Steel Yankee Dryer, which will replace an existing 12-ft. Cast Iron Yankee on PM#1 at Marutomi's Fujine mill, located in Fuji, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan.

The value of the deal was not disclosed.

The PM#1 tissue machine features a crescent former configuration with a sheet width at pope reel of 3140 mm.

The new Toscotec TT SYD-12FT will be installed by the end of 2013.

According to Toscotec, the installation of the new steel Yankee dryer will allow PM#1 to increase production speed as well as reduce its energy consumption.

The scope of supply will include all related services and installation will be done according to local regulations and to JIS (Japanese Boiler Association) standards.

Founded in 1955 as a small mill with one 1.2-meter-wide tissue machine and nine employees, Marutomi now has 13 tissue machines and has grown into one of Japan's largest producers of toilet rolls with a market share of about 14%. The company uses 100% recycled fiber as its raw material and about 95% of its production is toilet tissue with the remaining 5% being facial tissue.

SOURCE: Toscotec