SCA Reorganizes Hygiene Operations Globally
Nov. 15, 2011 - SCA announced a reorganizing of its global hygiene operations — a measure the company said will contribute to increased efficiency, market presence and growth.
SCA’s European hygiene operations will be organized in three business units:
- AFH Professional Hygiene Europe, which will be headed by Sune Lundin, currently President for SCA Americas;
- Consumer Goods Europe, which will be led by Magnus Groth, currently President for SCA Tissue Europe;
- Incontinence Care Europe, which will be headed by Margareta Lehmann, currently Regional Director NorthWest Europe AFH, SCA Tissue Europe.
In addition, there will be a new business unit for:
- Middle East, India, Africa (MEIA), which will be led by Thomas Wulkan, currently President for SCA Personal Care Europe;
- a new Global Hygiene Supply Unit, which will be headed by William Ledger, currently Vice President Supply Chain, SCA Tissue Europe;
- a new Global Business and Service Support Unit, which will be led by Robert Sjöström, in addition to his present position as Senior Vice President, Strategy and Business Development.
The business unit for SCA Americas will be headed by Don Lewis, currently President for SCA AFH Tissue North America. Christoph Michalski will continue as President for the Global Hygiene Category Unit, and Ulf Söderström will continue as President for the business unit SCA Asia Pacific (APAC).
The new hygiene organization will be effective as of January 1, 2012. The Presidents for the above new units will be members of SCA’s Corporate Senior Management Team.
"The new organization will enable us to further leverage on our global scale, making us more efficient," said Jan Johansson, SCA's CEO and President. "It will also empower us to act as an even closer local partner to customers.
"By strengthening our global market presence, it will facilitate our capitalizing on demographic, economic and consumer-lifestyle changes, especially in emerging markets," Johansson added.