Elof Hansson Creates New Group Structure
Dec. 23, 2010 - The board of directors of Elof Hansson AB has decided to reorganize the company with a clearer Group structure that better meets current and future market conditions.
The new organization will take effect January 1, 2011.
Under a new holding company, Elof Hansson Holding, Elof Hansson will be split into three new business areas: Elof Hansson Trade, Elof Hansson Industry and Elof Hansson Properties.
- Elof Hansson Trade will be concentrated the company’s international trade in pulp, paper and timber products.
- To Elof Hansson Industry will be concentrated the company’s international sales of machinery and equipment for the pulp and paper industry. Also included are REC Indovent, Gothenburg, which sells ventilation and industrial products in the Nordic region and Baltic states; the building materials group Elof Hansson Bygg-Gross, Gothenburg; and the Adexi Group, Århus and Gothenburg, which mainly sells a wide range of household goods on Nordic markets.
- The primary task of Elof Hansson Properties will be to manage and further develop Elof Hansson’s properties.
In connection with the new structure, the following appointments are announced to the board of directors and Group management of the Elof Hansson Group:
- Thomas Pettersson is appointed president of Elof Hansson Holding and CEO of the Elof Hansson Group.
- Bjorn Petrusson, earlier president of DFDS Seaways Ltd, is appointed president of Elof Hansson Trade and executive vice president of Elof Hansson Holding.
- Robert Sandberg, earlier executive vice president of Elof Hansson and head of Elof Hansson’s Machinery Export Division, is appointed president of Elof Hansson Industry and executive vice president of Elof Hansson Holding.
The name of the president of Elof Hansson Properties will be announced later.
Anna Dubois, professor of industrial marketing at Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, joins the board of directors of Elof Hansson Holding. The other board members are Thomas Pettersson, chairman, Finn Jacobsen and Björn Petrusson.
All the shares in Elof Hansson Holding are owned by the Elof Hansson Foundation, the board of directors of which has the following members: Thomas Pettersson, chairman, Peter Hentz, Margreth Nilsson Molnár, D.Phil., and Camilla Hansson Ahlbom, who represents the Hansson family.
The Elof Hansson trading house was founded in Hamburg in 1897 by Merchant Elof Hansson. Currently, the Elof Hansson Group has about 500 employees in Sweden and over 20 subsidiaries in different parts of the world. The Group’s annual revenues amount to about SEK 7 billion.
SOURCE: Elof Hansson