AF&PA Elects Slate of Directors
Oct. 28, 2009 - The American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA) today announced the election of 10 members to serve on its Board of Directors for a three year term beginning January 1, 2010:
- Dick Carmical, The Price Companies, Inc.
- Michael E. Case, The Westervelt Company
- George H. Glatfelter, II, Glatfelter
- Charles E. Hodges, Port Townsend Paper Corp.
- William F. Kress, Green Bay Packaging, Inc.
- Randy J. Nebel, Longview Fibre Paper & Packaging
- Robert A. Olah, Myllykoski-North America
- David J. Paterson, AbitibiBowater Inc.
- Keith Van Scotter, Lincoln Paper & Tissue, LLC
- Galen E. Weaber, Weaber, Inc.
“I am pleased to have such an outstanding group of directors to help guide the Association. The industry will benefit greatly from the knowledge, broad management experience, and individual perspective of these outstanding leaders, representing a cross-section of the forest products industry. I look forward to working with the entire Board of AF&PA to find solutions to the challenges ahead and thank them for their service to our industry,” said AF&PA President and CEO Donna Harman.
The Board of Directors is the policy-making body of AF&PA and has ultimate authority for the governance and management of its direction and finances. One-third of the Board’s membership is elected each year by the membership for a three year term.
The American Forest & Paper Association is the national trade association of the forest products industry, representing pulp, paper, and wood products manufacturers, and forest landowners. AF&PA member companies make essential products from renewable and recyclable resources that sustain the environment. The forest products industry employs 1 million workers and generates 6 percent of the total U.S. manufacturing GDP. Visit AF&PA online at www.afandpa.org.
SOURCE: American Forest & Paper Association